A grant funded program of the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
The Todd House is located in the renovated Center Building (1st floor) on the grounds of The Institute of Living.
The Todd House is a grant funded program of the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and the Capitol Region Mental Health Center (CRMHC). Referrals are managed through CRMHC.
Clients may stay for up to two years. Rent is $200 a month.
Please note: We do not accept community referrals. All referrals are managed through the Capitol Region Mental Health Center.
What we offer
- Kitchen has a microwave for clients to use when kitchen is open.
- Monday-Friday Morning Group is held in the kitchen for clients.
- Three prepared meals per day - examples of meals include:
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Chef Salad
- Stuffed Peppers
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Overnight French Toast
- Taco Bar
- Snacks provided twice a day.
- Medication supervision.
- Transportation provided to medical appointments (client must pay for parking if needed).
- Encourage daily living skills.
- Collaborate with medical providers and visiting nurses.
- Non-locked unit.
- On-site laundry facility.
- On site bank provided by Hartford HealthCare. Clients can cash checks free of charge. They can also use the bank while living at one of our residential programs as a way to save their money. No ID required.
- Back room available for visits.
- Only un-motorized vehicles are allowed for clients.
- Board games and crafts
- Television hours: 6am-12am
- Daily newspaper
- Area to relax
- Staff are available in the common area
- Functional assessments
- Cognitive assessments
- Group and individual interventions
- Daily living skills
- Social skills
- Environmental modifications/adaptations
- Facilitates Cooking Group
- Helps clients explore realistic vocational goals
- Provides pre-vocational training program to give structure and assess basic job readiness (i.e. attendance, hygiene, social skills)
- Offers paid work skills training opportunities in the IOL cafeteria and gift shop for clients ready to develop competitive work skills
- Provides job seeking skills training as needed (applications, resumes, interview skills etc.)
- Can make referrals to community vocational agencies
- Facilitates Morning Group
- Facilitates Community Meeting
- Provides transportation to retail shops
- Conducts BINGO
- Takes clients to local events/outings (movies, sporting events, parks, and more)
- Celebrate birthdays for each client, where they are able to go with staff to purchase a cake of their choice.
- Holidays are celebrated with all clients
Things that we have done in the past
- Several trips to Lake Compounce during the summer. Staff pays for admission as well as a meal at the park.
- We bring clients to the Big E and pay for their admission to the Big E. Clients are responsible for paying for everything inside of the Big E that they want.