The Schizophrenia Rehabilitation Program is nationally recognized as the 2018 Program of the Year by the Association of Ambulatory Behavioral Health..
The Program emphasizes the development of cognitive skills and motivation as the foundation for building more productive and satisfying daily lives. Neuropsychological rehabilitation techniques are applied in a very structured environment throughout the treatment. The program aims to enable clients to experience success and gradually build upon these successes to improve functioning at work, at school, and in the community.
Rehabilitation Therapeutic Services
- Neurocognitive assessment
- Attention and memory training
- Motivation and initiative training
- Psychiatric medication evaluation and treatment
- Vocational and functional rehabilitation, including Institute of Living Work Skills Training Program and embedded Easter Seals vocational and educational support services
- Skill-building, education and therapy groups to manage symptoms and improve functioning
- Family visits
- Family education and support programs
- Individual treatment planning and therapy
Typical schedule is 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, 3 days / week. Additional scheduling is available. Typical length of stay is over one year. A six month commitment to attending the program is a prerequisite to admission.
Cognitive remediation, motivation and skills groups, medication evaluation and treatment, functional and vocational assessment and rehabilitation, and individual and group supportive psychotherapy are provided.
The Schizophrenia Rehabilitation Program conducts ongoing outcome research studies in addition to clinical services. Program members will be offered the opportunity to participate in research studies, but research participation is not required in order to obtain clinical treatment and rehabilitation services.
Back to Top