You've seen Dr. David Tolin work with people who hoard on The Oprah Winfrey Show and on the A&E TV series Hoarders. Now, in this 2 DVD set, Dr. Tolin walks professionals step by step through the conceptualization and treatment of individuals with hoarding disorder. Over more than 4 hours, Dr. Tolin uses lectures, video vignettes, and case examples to review the latest scientific information about the nature and causes of hoarding. He describes different roles that healthcare workers, social service workers, professional organizers, and others can play a role in intervention for hoarding, and describes in detail a cognitive-behavioral therapy that has been scientifically proven to reduce the severity of hoarding. This DVD set is for any professionals or agencies who work with people who hoard.
- The unique biological, cognitive, and behavioral features of hoarding disorder
- The evidence for several forms of intervention, including cleanouts, community task forces, medications, and cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Assessing hoarding severity and risk
- Motivational interviewing
- Training in organization and decision-making
- Exposure to non-acquiring and discarding
- Cognitive restructuring